In Memory of Snookums
A year ago today, my little dog, Snookums, passed away. She was a Chihuahua/Terrier mix and loved to lick. She was the best dog and would always mind, stay right with me without a leash and always let me know when someone was around. I adopted her back in 1998 when her original owner could not care for her any longer. She quickly adapted to life with me and baby dog Abby. Snookums loved to go whenever she got the chance and in the beginning of our life together, my job entailed much travel, however when she got in the car, she started whining to get out. So, traveling with her was a challenge but eventually with time and many miles later, she finally learned to relax and let me pass through a county or two prior to starting the cycle to stop again.
Snookums loved being in my garden with me and that is where she is buried. Under the banana trees so she will get shade and have a clear view of all angles of the garden. She loved lying on the cool stones watching my every move. She was best-behaved little furry family member and every thought of her makes me smile. I miss her and yet feel she is still with me, as I talk to her daily while visiting my garden.
I can't get her picture to upload but when I do, I will be posting her happy little face here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment