Fortunately I live in Texas where the weather permits getting outside on most days. Well, that is unless it is a day like today where the heat index is hoovering around 106 degrees. Otherwise and most days, especially early mornings, it is pleasant.
Dealing with stress for me means grabbing my garden tools, a bottle of water and heading outside to my herb, vegetable and flower garden. Getting my hands in the rich soil of Mother Earth is the most calming effect for me to deal with the side effects of HIV medication. It creates a connection with me and God. Cutting the beautiful fresh flowers, pulling weeds, watering and admiring the new birth in the plants help remind me to nurture myself. Being in my garden brings me closer to my soul enabling me to focus on "being" and "my purpose" and usually bringing a sense of calm and clarity. Being stressed is not Who I AM nor Who I Want To Be so my garden brings me back to my authentic self.
Some days I am not able to retreat to my garden. Those are the days I prompt myself to exercise more, read an inspiring book, write in my journal or now my blog. or indulge in play with the dog, work on my photo scrap books or anything that I know is calming to me, even if I need to stand on the front porch and scream first. There, I feel better just thinking about doing that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment