Thursday, June 5, 2008

My First Blogging Experience

Good Morning World,

This is amazing, just amazing! My very first blog. I never saw myself blogging till a few days ago when my longtime friend and computer guru suggested it to me as an alternative to him designing a web page on my behalf. He basically said "NO" when I asked him to do the hard work of designing, laying out and whatever else you do in that area of the computer world to produce that kind of magic.

He told me to first "prove myself" to him and show him I had what it takes to be a good writer and be willing to put out the commitment and produce the hard work needed to be successful in getting information out there while attracting traffic to my site. WELL, what a challenge I took that to be. Even though his words were not exactly that, the interpretation that came to mind was my natural Italian pride of, "I will show you." So, that is why I am here and am actually glad he prompted me to do so.

The web page I wanted him to design was to be structured on HIV+ women yet open to all women and men interested in HIV/AIDS. A place I could freely express myself on the subject of HIV/AIDS or anything else that was on the tip of my tongue. I wanted it to address the issues and social stigma we face, the challenges and achievements we endure and over come and the education and support we have gained or need to gain all while living with a chronic and sometimes fatal illness called AIDS. These are only a few of the topics about HIV you would have seen there and not every article, comment or posting would have been directly related to HIV. I intended to provide informative information, funny and interesting articles and over all, pretty much something for everybody regarding Life, Health, Spirituality and Happiness on that web page.

Instead of a web page, you will see my dream come true here, on the pages of my blog. So, I really want to say a heartfelt Thank You to my friend Dean for telling me NO, because he truely believed in me more than I believed in myself when it comes to the computer world and blogging.

I look forward to hearing from each and every one of you as I continue to build this blog. Please feel free to ask questions, make suggestions or just look around.
Hurry back soon to see what is new!

Have a Wonderful day,
Christine

1 comment:

Arun.N.M. said...

Welcome to the world of blogging.I am a doctor specialised in Internal Medicine working in India.You write well.So continue blogging