Every time I look at the picture posted on my blog, it takes me back to that morning last fall when I was on the cruise ship (compliments of my boyfriend), sipping coffee, breathing in the fresh morning sea air, listening to the waves as the ship cut through the brilliant blue waters of the Caribbean.
My favorite time of day, when the sun is just starting to consider peeking over the horizon, the temperatures drop a few degrees, the ship is spic and span from the earlier morning swabbing of the decks, cleansing of the pools in preparation of another fun filled day on the ship, at sea, sailing off to our next exotic island port.
Watching the sunrise brings with it another new day of hope from God, a grand sign that all is anew on the earth, in our minds and in our hearts, yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come, but at the moment, we have the sunrise to raise us up, to warm our souls and spark that flame to rejoice in the opportunity that we have been given another day to be the best we can be, to reach out to someone other than ourselves and touch someones heart with a random act of kindness whether spoken in words or shown in action. It is, for me, the time of day I make the conscience decision to make it a grand day or not and after the breath taking colors, spectacular array of light and the power that radiates from each ray, how can I not choose for anything less than grand?
Take in a sunrise, you might be surprised at the experience your soul feels from watching it unfold and come alive. It gives me the power to tell HIV it does not have control for that day and hopefully it will you too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hope is there for every one especially for 'positive'persons. As part of my job I promise hope to every 'positive' person who come to me.I will tell them the drugs will work wonders and you can live a near normal life.Or will promise the mother that the child in her womb will surely be 'negative'.So they like coming to me to feel better.
Post a Comment